INC NEWS - Moneta co-chairing presidential committee???

Regina deLacy rdelacy at hvfnorth.com
Mon Apr 10 21:42:13 EDT 2006

Dear KJJ1 -

Larry Moneta reports directly to Richard Brodhead.  That means the CCI
will get the president's ear without filtering.  That is a good thing.

As VP for Student Affairs, he also knows the territory better than
anyone.  He is best positioned to get information  and recommendations
as to how to effect what will have to be a massive culture change.

And wouldn't you want your own children to be warned of threats against
their safety?  In the current hostile feelings so many local citizens
have against the megalith of Duke, it seems that Dr. Moneta was being
prudent.  Some Duke students have been assaulted.  The threats weren't
all empty.

Sorry to be preachy, but I think it would be better to have a little
faith, or at least wait and see.  It takes a long time to turn an ocean
liner around.

We should watch carefully, but we should wait and see what he, and the
other blue ribbon committees come up with.

 - Regina deLacy