INC NEWS - Anti-Blight Campaign question

Barry Ragin bragin at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 16 15:09:37 EDT 2006

Capital idea. I myself am getting tired of calling property managers for
1700 Shawnee, 1709 Shawnee, and 1715 Avondale (not to mention some of
the other houses on Avondale for things like burning their furniture in
the back yard) on a regular basis about lawns not being mode, cars
parked everywhere on the lot, trash dumped all over the property, etc.

i don't mind being the "eyes and ears" of the enforcement divisions on
an occasional basis. But it would be fine with me if a housing inspector
came by occasionally just to followup on houses that have recieved
complaints perviously.

Barry Ragin

RW Pickle wrote:

Housing and Community Development (HCD) has, in the past,
kept the overgrown lot issues under control. But not until they were
reported, owners given a month to get it taken care of, and then HCD going in and getting done if all else fails. That's just too long and not a pro-active approach. And it's the same offenders repeating the process year after year which is just a drain on the manpower even. I regularly fussed (last year) at the HCD inspector and told him to open his eyes and pick up these blighted lots himself without the citizenry having to always report them. It's the same ones every year.

Maybe there needs to be some "three strike" rule and then it hits the fanfor these repeat offenders.

}