INC NEWS - Solid Waste Director leaving

scjdurham at aol.com scjdurham at aol.com
Thu May 18 16:47:07 EDT 2006

Perhaps everyone can understand a little better now why I was so adverse to this Comprehensive Waste Plan that had a $$$$ price tag on it.  I have heard in the past from several sources about the creative work schedule the Solid Waste people have going for them and what it ends up costing in Temp workers.

Sounds like maybe Action Jackson didn't do his homework on the SOP's of Durham government before he started rocking the boat.

I think someone needs to do a thorough investigation on the Solid Waste department, it's budget, it's benefits and compare that to other cities.  I do believe that I mentioned this several times at the yard waste meetings but it fell on deaf ears.  Are the ears perked up now?

Cheryl Shiflett