INC NEWS - other workers wages

TheOcean1 at aol.com TheOcean1 at aol.com
Mon May 22 21:00:51 EDT 2006

I really like Richard's approach below.
Some other opinions may prove correct, but what a cool way to find  out!
Companies who operate progressively experience some pretty interesting
results.

What if this time, before a plan is created in our minds as citizens, or in
the offices of upper level management, we ask the guys on the trucks?
Essentially, we collectively approach the workers including the upper
managers, and say, "Instead of us planning how you will work, and you deciding  if
you can live with it, this time you workers get first volley, and we'll see  if
we can handle it." They'd faint right off the back of the truck.

Allowing employees a say in their workplace is great for moral and
productivity. I bet if you put all the solid waste worker's heads together,  they'd
come up with some surprising, and positive ideas.

Randy Pickle should create them a listserv, let them hash this out for
themselves for a few weeks. We should commit to listening to how THEY would like
to work, and be open to their suggestions.

Remember, most of them are Durhamites, too. I'd be surprised if they  haven't
already put a lot of thought into a system they think would work  better.
Not much harm in asking to hear from them.

Chime in, and if others like the idea, I'll make a motion at tomorrow
night's INC at the Herald Sun Building on Pickett Road, starts at 7pm

Great to see the ideas here, but even better to meet the authors in  person.
Bill Anderson

PS That was a personal invitation to Chris
In a message dated 5/22/2006 5:09:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,