INC NEWS - Neighborhoods on Electronic Map

Colin Crossman lists at crc32.com
Mon Jul 17 09:18:39 EDT 2006

To all who are interested in participating-

I have been practicing with Google map, and am looking for a more
substantial test.  One thing I thought I could do to test my skills, as
well as help out the community, would be to create an electronic map of
the boundaries of the Durham neighborhoods for INC.

My original plan was to have pictures of the houses in the area, however
the new Tax Record page now includes that, so I don't feel that it's
necessary for me to do that.

To see a preliminary example, have a look at
http://www.crc32.com/~inc-map/walltown.html

I constructed the Walltown map from an old walltown specification in
Duke's archives.  It's out of date, as I did not include Trinity Park,
but it should give a good idea of what I intend to do.  If you're
interested in participating please send an email to inc-map at crc32.com
with the following information:

Your neighborhood's name
the boundaries of your neighborhood - specifically, streets and
intersections.

I need to know the greatest level of information about wherever your
neighborhood's boundary makes a corner.  For simplicity's sake, I'll
assume that all boundaries are at the centerline of the stated road,
unless otherwise indicated.  If you intend on a boundary line passing
through a block, please make that clear.

Also, if this has already been done, someone please tell me, I don't
want to be replicating work needlessly.

Thank you,
Colin Crossman
Walltown