INC NEWS - The Two Bells: Excellent and Free Storytelling Performances

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 20:06:10 EDT 2006

Please pass this on to your neighborhoods to let those
with young children during the day know about this
excellent and free opportunity with Durham County
Library. Thanks, Melissa

________________

Hi all. We went to Parkwood Library tonight (Monday)
for the 6:30 PM performance of the Two Bells. They are
African American storytellers who sing their own
songs, put poetry to rhythm and music and act out
African stories like "Anansi the Spider" or "Brer
Rabbit." And they are EXCELLENT. The kids and I have
gone to see them every year since 2003, and I have
never been disappointed.

I was shocked when we were one of only 3 families at
Parkwood tonight. A treat for us, but a bummer for the
Two Bells. So I thought I'd pass on the other
times/places that they are performing in Durham this
week and encourage those with kids who can generally
sit still and be quiet for 30 minutes while being
entertained.

See below for the remaining performance times and
dates.

You can double check these times and see listings for
other Durham County Library children's programs at:
http://www.durhamcountylibrary.org/pr/childcal.html#main

Cheers,
Melissa

THE TWO BELLS: