INC NEWS - Newly Discovered Centerfest Concerns

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Mon Oct 9 20:24:49 EDT 2006

I happened to be moving the big tablet of paper we used to write
Neighborhood Issues on at Centerfest and noticed 3 pages of issues that
didn't make the last list. The previous ones came from sheets of paper
that had been removed from the tablet and secured around the booth. I
guess I thought they all had been done that way and never checked the
tablet. So here are the additional concerns expressed by neighbors as they
took time to share them while at our booth at Centerfest.

RWP
27 Beverly

* Cardens Creek Dr. - 27712 -off Guess Road - needs speed humps or speed
monitoring - major cut through street _) almost got hit by a car last
evening

* Pass the anti-dog chaining laws

* Crosswalk at intersection of Lakewood Ave. and Chapel Hill Road (by
Shoppes at Lakwood and bus stop)

* Pass law against continous dog chaining

* Walking downtown with great, distinctive shops and restaurants

* Community across racial lines

* Repair pavement where folks bike

* Residential/commercial construction - trash in streets (nails, etc)

*Mailman - never on schedule; delivers wrong mail; neighbors who don't
hand over mail they get that isn't theirs

* Crime, unfriendly

* More trees

* Hillside Park - crime in Park, drugs, gangs

* Duke campus retail that doesn't pay property taxes _ giving them an
unfair advantage...

* City needs to maintain alley way at Vista St. near Markham

* Take care of trees we have and plant more to replace trees that are dieing

* Pave Murphy Street and revive area messed up by Eagle Village

* We need some traffic lights on Garrett Road! Can't get out of neighborhood!

* Keep 9th Street local