INC NEWS - City Names New Audit Services Director

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri Oct 27 14:10:44 EDT 2006

>From the City PR Dept.
RWP
27 Beverly

Durham, N.C. – Durham City Manager Patrick Baker announced today the
appointment of Kevin Neuman as the new director of the City’s Department
of Audit Services.

Neuman, who has been serving as the interim director since former director
Wanda Page was appointed deputy city manager earlier this year, will be
responsible for overseeing the Department of Audit Services to ensure that
the City continues to be efficient, effective and ethical in all of its
operations.  “We’re excited to have Kevin continue as a part of our
management team,” Baker said.  “He’s been with this department for over
four years and brings significant experience and knowledge to the table.
 Since accountability is one of the staples of this organization, we will
continue to call upon him and his staff to ensure that this organization
continues to perform efficiently and ethically in all of our operations.”

According to Neuman, continuing to ensure efficiency and accountability in
City government is a top priority.  "Our mission is to provide independent
and objective audit and consulting services that facilitate
decision-making and enhance the efficiency of services provided by the
City,” Neuman said.  “I am looking forward to the opportunities and
challenges facing me in this new position."

Prior to joining the City, Neuman served as the senior manager of Cherry,
Bekaert and Holland, LLP in Raleigh, N.C.  Neuman also served as a senior
accountant for Jerry T. Paul, CPA in Houston, TX, and as a special
projects accountant for Service Corporation International, also in
Houston, TX.

Neuman received his bachelor’s degree in Accounting from the University of
South Florida in Tampa, Fla.  He is currently a member of the North
Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants (NCACPA), the
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and serves on
the board of the North Carolina CPA Foundation, Inc.

Neuman will begin his new position on Monday, November 6, 2006, with an
annual salary of $90,617.

About the Department of Audit Services
The City of Durham’s Department of Audit Services performs an independent
appraisal function designed to examine and evaluate activities within the
City as a service to management, the Audit Services Oversight Committee
and elected officials. The department acts as a managerial control that
measures and evaluates the effectiveness of other controls.  It also
reviews external entities to determine whether revenues have been properly
remitted to the City and whether grant or pass-through funds are
appropriately utilized.  For more information about this department, visit
the City’s website at http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/audit/.