INC NEWS - Solid Waste enforcement, leaves, etc

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Fri Dec 8 10:01:31 EST 2006

I finally did get up with Donald Long this morning. The new Solid Waste
Code Enforcement fellow is on board and working this week. He's in trucks
learning the routes. His name is Mike Simpson. As I was told, he might
start writing warning tickets as soon as next week.

On the leaves and the mysterious disappearance of them in Duke Park
neighborhood, Donald Long didn't confirm that they were the ones who
sucked them up. But he did say that Solid Waste DID have two leaf
vacuuming pieces of equipment capable of doing this. It sounded like he
had just learned this so I doubt it was Solid Waste that did this. But
they were attachments that sounded like the stuff you see the large yard
maintenance crews use to suck up leaves. I told him about the non-funded
pilot program and TROSA who has 2 of the leaf vacuuming trucks (in case he
wanted to see if a community would participate I guess).

Additionally I added him to this list and mentioned the INC meetings. He
said he'd like to attend and by being on the list he'll get our notices
and agenda.

That's all the news from Solid Waste I have.

RWP
27 Beverly