INC NEWS - Fw: CSF invite

American LAbor americanlabor at nc.rr.com
Tue Jan 16 16:37:56 EST 2007

Several years ago the mayors of each Triangle city came together to try and figure out how we (as citizens and government) were going to pay for the costs of the phenomenal growth they were seeing in our communities.

This 'meeting of the minds' took place over seven years ago, but out of those first meetings came a coalition of neighborhood, business and community leaders who formed the Community Success Forum.

Each year the form sponsors a topic that helps educate and inform elected officials, residents and the different Chambers of Commerce groups along with other community and civic organizations.

These forums are open for attendance by anyone interested in learning more.

Last year, CSF tackled Immigration.  In years past the topics have included Transit Oriented Development, Transportation, Schools, Smart Growth and Infrastructure needs like Solid Waste and Water resources.

Next month is an indepth forum regarding the financial situations the Triangle as a region are in and how we as residents need to realize that the State of NC nor the federal government is going to bail us out in paying for the bills that will be coming due because of our growth.

Do you have an opinion?   Would you like to know what some of the possibilities are for our future?

How do you feel about higher property taxes?   increased gasoline taxes?  vehicle registration fees?  or real estate transfer fees?

What are your suggestions on how we're going to pay for new schools, repair or even build roads,  increase the safety of our drinking water or handle the cost of the next disaster in the Triangle?

For $35 you'll get a chance to learn more and express yourself!

Please consider coming!

February 8, 2007
Registration/Breakfast: 8 - 8:30 am
Program: 8:30 - 11:45 am
Prestonwood Country Club
300 Prestonwood Parkway, Cary
COmmuNity SuCCeSS FORum
Financing Our Growth
The 2007 Community Success Forum will focus on the financing
aspect of growth that the Triangle is experiencing by building upon
the Wake County Blue Ribbon Committee report and by taking
a look at other financing alternatives. Hear about the Institute
for Emerging Issues' plan for statewide tax reform and how this
reform effort could affect your business. Join elected leaders from
throughout the Triangle to discuss how we can finance our growth.
The Community Success Forum is an annual forum hosted by a
collaboration of chambers of commerce in the Triangle region as
well as other strategic partners to generate discourse and find
solutions to the region's growth-related challenges. Register now
for this exciting event!
(6158-2810-0702-4258)
gold sponsors Progress Energy
WakeMed Health & Hospitals

PO Box 2978 . Raleigh, NC 27602-2978
www.raleighchamber.org
Financing Our Growth
FebRuaRy 8, 2007
gold sponsors Progress Energy
WakeMed Health & Hospitals

____ ticket(s) at $35 each (program/breakfast)
Name __________________________________
Company _______________________________
Address ________________________________
City/State/Zip ____________________________
Phone __________________________________
Fax ____________________________________
E-mail __________________________________
Method of payment-
O Check (make payable to GRCC)
O VISA O MC O AMEX O Discover
Total Amount Enclosed $__________
Card # __________________________________
Exp. Date ________________________________
RSVP by January 31
No refunds after deadline
Questions? Contact 664.7090 or
kgoodson at raleighchamber.org
Register online at www.raleighchamber.org
or complete this form and send with
payment to: Accounts Receivable, GRCC,
PO Box 2978, Raleigh, NC 27602-2978
(Fax credit card orders to 919.664.7097)