INC NEWS - top 10 reasons not to change the spelling of INC and why we can't find something better to do with our time?

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 11:10:26 EDT 2007

Wow!

I'm ready to put this whole thing to rest once and for all and take
everyone's energy that's been wasted in arguing about our name by directing
it at some constructive issues directly related 'to' Durham neighborhoods.
Issues like traffic control, street scaping,  working with the PAC's, zoning
& planning orientation/training sessions, Neighborhood Hero Awards,  a
Neighborhood Summit, improving our schools, solid waste, yard debris, the
upcoming storm season just to name a few.

Can you (others on the listserve) come up with more?

At this point in time,  I am completely sick of hearing about branding and
marketing this organization or that.  Let's move on to more important
problems.

While I'm not so sure that a vote by the delegates at our next INC meeting
is going to satisfy everyone's tastes regarding how we spell, font or
hyphenate the organization,  I am all for settling this issue and moving on
to the tougher issues INC has been known for in worked with the city and
county along with neighborhood representatives to resolve.

Mike Shiflett