INC NEWS - New Adventure camp offering for youth ages 13-15

Smith, Annette Annette.Smith at durhamnc.gov
Tue May 1 11:03:29 EDT 2007

Pedal, Paddle and Play Adventure Camp

Do you know a child between the ages of 13-15 that is looking for an
adventure this summer? DPR has just what they need! We are now accepting
registrations for the Pedal, Paddle and Play Adventure Camp scheduled to
be held on July 16-20. On Monday and Tuesday, campers will learn the
skills they need for a successful and fun overnight camping trip on
Wednesday- Friday.  The off-site camping trip will include a paddling
trip down the Roanoke River, hiking and much more. Campers will also
participate in our low ropes course, and learn how to paddle a canoe,
tent camp, mountain bike, use a map and compass, and respect the outdoor
environment.

Cost for city residents is $150 and non-city is $160.  Contact Daniel
Miller at 477-9918 for registration and more information.

About Durham Parks and Recreation

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for the Durham
community to "Play More." The department strives to help citizens
discover, explore and enjoy life through creative and challenging
recreational choices that contribute to their physical, emotional and
social health.

To learn more about Parks and Recreation, visit
http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/parks
<http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/parks> .

Annette L. Smith

Recreation Manager of Administrative Services

Durham Parks and Recreation

919-560-4355 x214

www.durhamnc.gov <http://www.durhamnc.gov>

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for our community to
PlayMore!