INC NEWS - Celebrate Bimbe

Smith, Annette Annette.Smith at durhamnc.gov
Tue May 8 14:31:48 EDT 2007

MARK YOUR CALENDAR...

On Saturday and Sunday, May 19-20, the Durham Parks and Recreation Department will host the 38th Bimbé Cultural Arts Festival at the Durham Athletic Park. The theme this year is "It's a Family Reunion." The Festival will take place on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. -10:00 p.m. and will feature an eclectic mix of music and dance celebrating African American traditions. The festival will continue on Sunday from 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. and will feature jazz and gospel performances. There will also be a Bimbe Market place for visual artist exhibits, a variety of food vendors and an interactive Kids Village. You can also celebrate Bimbe all week long (May 11-18) by attending a host of activities that we have planned in the downtown area!

For a list of the Bimbe schedule visit http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/parks/bimbe_agenda.cfm <http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/parks/bimbe_agenda.cfm>

About Durham Parks and Recreation

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for the Durham community to "Play More." The department strives to help citizens discover, explore and enjoy life through creative and challenging recreational choices that contribute to their physical, emotional and social health. To learn more about Parks and Recreation, visit http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/parks <http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/parks> .

Annette L. Smith

Recreation Manager of Administrative Services

Durham Parks and Recreation

919-560-4355 x214

www.durhamnc.gov <http://www.durhamnc.gov>

Durham Parks and Recreation provides opportunities for our community to PlayMore!