INC NEWS - Lakewood Y

pat carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 20 06:57:29 EDT 2007

Chuck Clifton (charlyrandy at yahoo.com) will be talking about the Lakewood
YMCA at our meeting next week.  I am posting the following for him.  Please
sign the petition and pass this on.  Regards, pat

PLEASE HELP SAVE THE LAKEWOOD YMCA

The residents of the Tuscaloosa-Lakewood and Long Meadow Neighborhood
Associations have been working with YMCA members and other members of the
Durham community to help prevent the potential closing of the Lakewood YMCA.
  The Lakewood YMCA has been an anchor of the Lakewood area for over 40
years.  Along the way it has become the model of an urban community center
providing positive programming for youth, adults, and families.  Closing the
Lakewood YMCA would be a loss for not just the members of this YMCA but for
the surrounding neighborhoods and the broader Durham community.

Please sign our petition to the Triangle YMCA management by going to:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-the-lakewood-ymca/

And please join in the discussion and provide your ideas for saving the
Lakewood YMCA by sending an email to:
save-the-lakewood-ymca-subscribe at yahoogroups.com