INC NEWS - INC priority list 6-26-07

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 28 14:14:05 EDT 2007

It would not surprise me if noise violation calls have declined,
especially in the East campus area, this past year. THANK YOU, DUKE
for buying up the party houses. It would be most informative to
compare the past few years' records of requests for service.

In addition, this is the first year that I've driven clients around
the East Campus area and not had to answer the following questions:
"Why are there slum houses across from Duke?"
"Who lives in these trashy houses?"
"Why are all those red and blue cups and all those piles of garbage
lying around?"
"Does Duke know these students live like that?"

And I would give a lot of credit to the efforts of Ken Gasch on the
illegal sign problem. He was a bulldog in getting the city to enforce
the ordinance. Now if he can get the Durham Rising people to pick up
all their signs .....

And however the weighting of the vote works, I was so pleased to see
the support for the Symphony. It really is a treasure, and I am
deeply concerned about its survival. I helped sponsor two
free-to-the-public pops concerts this year, and will sponsor three
next year to help fill the funding gap the city left in their cuts,
but I can't do any more than that, given all the other groups I
support. If this community values the symphony, more people will have
to step up and help. It's much better to support it now, than to try
and rebuild it later.

ellen, off her soapbox

Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI
MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
http://www.marieaustin.com
Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell 919-475-1719

  <file://C:\Program%20Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Mail\attach\durham_great_240.jpg>
[]

Check it out! http://www.durham-nc.com/www.wheregreatthingshappen.com