INC NEWS - Act Now For NC's Future -- support the transfer fee or impact ...

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 22:20:44 EDT 2007

No worries, Bill.

I totally understand your position. And I would
definitely prefer an impact fee, solely on new
developers, over a transfer tax on all property sales.
But at this rate, all the land in Durham County will
be developed before the state allows the counties to
even impose an impact tax. This is the only reason I
feel that we should take what we can get now, even if
it means a 0.4% transfer tax. That's a pittance
compared to the increase in property values that our
senior citizens (all citizens) should have experienced
over the last decade, particularly in the city.

But I have no problem agreeing to disagree on this. I
respect your experience, knowledge, and heart, and
I'll always value your opinion/advice.

Sincerely,
Melissa

(http://capwiz.com/ncfuturenow/utr/1/ISJYHKVORV/KDDDHKVQPD/1302662106)
>       Legislators are in the final days of
> negotiations on budget
> issues, and so far no concrete  solution has been
> found for dealing with our state
> ’s  infrastructure needs.  As a part of the
> ongoing  discussions, legislative
> leaders are considering  whether or not to give
> local communities an
> opportunity to vote on a real estate transfer tax to
>  help address these growing
> needs.   If  approved by the legislature, people in
> each county  would have an
> opportunity to vote on the issue, which  could
> provide additional funding to
> invest in local  infrastructure needs and hold down
> rising property  taxes.
>
> The proposal has  currently stalled and members of
> the Senate need to  hear
> from you.  Contact your senator today and  urge him
> or her to give approval to
> legislation that  would give local communities the
> right
=== message truncated ===