INC NEWS - FYI: regarding exemptions to transfer tax.

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:36:31 EDT 2007

In this mornings paper (both of them in fact) it was disclosed just how much
the lobbyist from the REALTOR's and Home Builders associations have spent to
oppose this bill.

Also, it counters with a smaller amount being quoted from a coalition of
County municipalities (can't recall the exact name) that has gone towards
getting this issue before the electorate.

In my humble opinion and based on several years of being involved in any
number of workshops, taskforces and focus groups........infrastructure costs
for schools, roads and open space needed to keep up a minimum requirement is
costing those of us who live here now,  at the pleasure of those people
moving into new developments and converted farmland into residences.

WE HAVE BEEN AND CONTINUE TO PAY FOR IT.

The bills are coming due.

School bonds, road and highway costs along with basic recreational
facilities are all far behind in funding.

If you thought previous bond issues and raising property taxes were
high......just wait.

If not a real estate transfer tax,  just how do people expect us to pay for
the hundreds of thousands of people who are moving into the area?

Mike Shiflett