INC NEWS - INC News - Substance Abuse in Schools

pinnaclecdc at aol.com pinnaclecdc at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 10:33:51 EDT 2007

Hello,

The first Risk Behavior Survey was due for publication this month. This may be where the statistics are coming from. The DPS statistics that I presented at the last meeting are pretty reavealing as well.?

What a timely and important e-mail. This is exactly why I am so passionate about the issue and have introduced strategies to address the root cause. I worked with Chapel Hill-Carrboro and Chatham County to start their Drug Free Coalitions before beginning ours in Durham. I have met with?DPS and the School Board around this issue, giving specific actions to take. I am asking for your assistance/voice/support.

If you are interested in making a difference and I believe that many of you are, please consider joining the Substance Abuse Subcommittee and/or the coalition effort. To make it easier for all who have an interest and may not be able to come to yet another meeting, I am bringing the meeting to you during my INC presentations and via e-mail.

Please let me know interest?by responding to this e-mail.

Regards,
Wanda Boone