INC NEWS - Your toilets are probably leaking -- easy fix to save water and $$

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 10:09:20 EDT 2007

In this time of water restrictions and conservation, I
thought it would be good to remind people about the
'leaking toilet' phenomenon.

Most toilets I've seen leak at least a small amount of
water continuously. This is both costly to the water
supply and to your personal bank account. A couple of
months ago, we examined and repaired all 3 of the
toilets in our home, and our water bill this month was
1/3 of what it was last time.

It's pretty easy to do a dye test to determine which
toilets are leaking, and fixing the problem isn't
difficult either. Here are a couple of links
(including how to repair leaking toilets):

http://www.denverwater.org/cons_xeriscape/conservation/R3Rs2005.html#Toilet

or

http://www.toiletology.com/leaking.shtml#Test

I hope you'll all determine and fix any leaking
toilets, to conserve Durham's water supply.

Thanks!
Melissa