INC NEWS - Annexation by city -- to avoid stream buffer requirements?

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 14:43:28 EDT 2007

Hi again. After talking with a couple of concerned
neighbors who have more experience with these
development issues than I do, I would like to ask that
you refrain from sending emails to members of the
JCCPC until we know, in detail, what exactly IS
allowed by the UDO. As I'm sure you know, the UDO is
difficult for the lay person to decipher, so with that
in mind, we're going to try to get a few answers from
the planning department regarding this issue of city
vs. county treatment of streams. Once I have more
info, I'll write again in this regard.

I apologize for jumping the gun on this one, because
of the possibility of this loophole being used by a
developer in my neck of the woods.

For anyone who has already written the JCCPC, I still
think your emails are worthwhile. It's good for the
members of the JCCPC to know that citizens are
concerned about this loophole possibility, so that
they can ask for the details and be prepared,
themselves, if this particular developer (or any other
developer) is currently able to use this loophole.

Thanks, as always, for understanding as I learn how to
cope and respond to issues like this :)

Melissa
P.S. Stay tuned ...

Melissa Rooney, Ph.D.