INC NEWS - Tip of the day for saving water -- you can make a difference ; )

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 11:28:33 EDT 2007

Thought I'd pass on this tip from my neighborhood
listserv:

Tip of the day: If your house is like mine your hot
water heater is clear on the other side of the home
from your master bath.  So when trying to get hot
water, gallons go down the drain.  TIP: collect the
pre-hot water in a bucket and use this to flush the
toilet or water plants.  I run the sun tub first,
collecting cold water and then turn on the shower or
sink for hot. You'd be amazed how much water is wasted
waiting for the shower water to get hot.  If you don't
mind showering with a bucket, you can also collect
some of the water you use during a shower for flushing
as well.