INC NEWS - Durham does need a change...

pat carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 6 10:47:52 EDT 2007

I was just wondering -- has anyone ever seen anyone give money to a panhandler.   For all the time I spend stopped along 15-501, I've never seen money change hands.  Which makes me think that the panhandlers are like spammers -- very low success rate but enough traffic that it pays off.  which makes it sort of a needle in a haystack to find people who giv emoney.  But every one you convince to stop doing so cuts significantly into the return on effort for the panhandler.

It would be interesting to see who gives money to panhandlers, how much they give each time, etc.

Regards, pat