INC NEWS - drought and streets

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 12:54:46 EST 2007

While out walking, I have been noticing that some of streets and roads seem to have a lot more cracks than they used to (maybe it is just wear and tear from construction in the area?)

It also seems like there are a couple places on freeways where you go over an overpass and then there is a big dip in the road (maybe it has always been there and my shocks are worse?)

Can the drought be causing enough shrinking of ground to affect roads built on it?

Regards, pat