INC NEWS - You are all invited!

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 8 13:09:34 EST 2007

[]

Preservation Durham to Hold
Fifth Annual Preservation Party at Morgan Imports
Kick-off your holiday shopping and support preservation efforts!

Preservation Durham will hold the Fifth Annual
Preservation Party on November 9, 2007, from 6pm
to 9:30pm, at Morgan Imports, to raise funds and
awareness for the organization’s work.

Preservation Durham joins merchants from Peabody
Place and Brightleaf Square in a celebration that
includes holiday shopping, a silent auction with
over 40 items, complimentary food and music.
Morgan Imports, will donate 10% of all sales that
evening to the Historic Preservation Society of
Durham.  Several of the silent auction items are
historical items from the Durham area.

“This is an exciting time for our organization ­
and for our city,” said John Compton, Executive
Director of Preservation Durham “There is a
renewed interest in restoring, preserving and
renovating Durham, but to be successful we need
continued awareness and support.”

“This celebration with our community of business
owners and residents will highlight the
Brightleaf Square area, one of Durham’s treasured
landmarks.” added Kimberly Isley, Preservation
Party Committee Co-Chair.  “We thank all the
business owners in the Warehouse District for
keeping our past alive. We are especially
grateful for the financial support from our
sponsors and from Morgan Imports, who will donate
10% of their sales during this event to HPSD.”

For more information on the event, or to become a
member of Preservation Durham, call (919)682-3036
or visit www.preservationdurham.org

Sponsors of this exciting event include: Blue
Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina; Brian
Miller & Edith Kaan; Brightleaf Square; Cynthia &
Richard  Brodhead; The Herald-Sun; Kathy Carter &
Fred Peterson; Morgan Imports; Paul N. Yale, Jr.,
Mortgage Banker; and Piazza Italia.

About Preservation Durham:
Founded in 1974, the mission of the Historic
Preservation Society of Durham is to preserve the
history, architecture, and cultural heritage of
Durham and Durham County and to serve as an
institution for the education of citizens through
the promotion and appreciation of this heritage.

#   #   #

Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI
MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
http://www.marieaustin.com
Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell 919-475-1719

  <file://C:\Program%20Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Mail\attach\durham_great_240.jpg>
[]

Check it out! http://www.durham-nc.com/www.wheregreatthingshappen.com