INC NEWS - Fwd: Durham Art Walk This Weekend!!

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 15 12:05:55 EST 2007

>[]
>

>Durham Art Walk is presented by the Durham Arts
>Council and Durham Parks and Recreation
>
>Third Friday Preview: Nov. 16th 6-9 PM
>
>Saturday, Nov. 17th 10 AM - 5 PM
>
>Sunday, Nov. 18th 1-5 PM
>
><http://durhamartscouncil.pmailus.com/pmailweb/ct?d=D7Hm0wGgAAEAAAKAAAF-WQ>www.durhamartwalk.com
>Durham's Official stART to Holiday Shopping
>
>The Durham Art Walk presents a unique mix of
>open studios--offering paintings, photography,
>jewelry, sculpture and fabric arts for
>sale--gallery openings and receptions, concerts,
>family activities, theater,  food, music, and
>shopping!  Featuring artwork by more than 200
>artists, 60+ musicians, at over 40 sites throughout Downtown Durham!
>
>The Durham Art Walk is a FREE event.
>
>Begin at the Durham Arts Council, 120 Morris
>Street in downtown Durham, where visitors pick
>up the map of participating venues and plan
>their tour of Art Walk sites through the newly renovated downtown.
>
>For the first time, the Durham Art Walk includes
>a Third Friday Preview, providing the first
>chance to purchase art work, and enjoy special
>Durham Art Walk Rocks! programming at the CCB
>Plaza, the Durham Arts Council, Through This
>Lens Gallery, West Village, the Scrap Exchange and many Art Walk venues.
>Durham Art Walk Rocks!
>
>Durham Art Walk Rocks is a festive event
>featuring music, dance and theater performances
>throughout downtown Durham. These events are
>held in conjunction with the Durham Art Walk.
>
>On Friday-Saturday, Durham Parks and Recreation
>will host a variety ofentertainment for all ages
>at the CCB Plaza (201 Corcoran Street) – Home ofMAJOR, the big bronze bull.
>
>Friday, November 16, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
>
>On the CCB Plaza:  Maltswagger and the Midtown Dickens
>
>Two of Durham’s finest indie rock bands
>Maltswagger and the MidtownDickens will perform.
>Special intermission guests will feature the rhythmsof the middle east.
>
>Saturday, November 17, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
>
>Durham Parks and Recreation will host a variety
>of entertainment for all ages at the CCB Plaza.
>
>10 a.m. – 11 a.m. Durham County Library presents The Story of Ferdinand
>
>11 a.m. – 12 p.m. DJ Piddipat Tribute to Durham Musicians
>
>12 p.m. – 1 p.m. The Sound Painting Orchestra
>
>1 p.m. – 2 p.m. The Broken Poets Tour
>
>2 p.m. – 3 p.m. Afro-Cuban Jazz Ensemble
>
>3:30 p.m. – 4 p.m. Scene of the Crime Rovers
>
>4 p.m. – 5 p.m. Sajaso Latin Jazz
>
>Sunday, November 18, 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
>
>Durham Art Walk Rocks! (Tribute to Durham's Musical Heritage)
>
>Featuring a birthday spotlight on Clyde
>McPhatter, DJ Piddipat w/special guest Eclipse Productions from DPR's Lyon Park
>
>Thank you to our sponsors!
>
>Patron Sponsors
>
>Mangum506, Ogilvy Durham, Through This Lens,
>Vega Metals/Cricket Forge, West Village
>
>Partner Sponsors
>
>Alivia’s Durham Bistro & Durham Skywriter
>
>Friend Sponsors
>
>Downtown Durham, Inc., Greenfire Development,
> [...]

Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI
MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
http://www.marieaustin.com
Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell 919-475-1719

  <file://C:\Program%20Files\Qualcomm\Eudora\Mail\attach\durham_great_240.jpg>
[]

Check it out! http://www.durham-nc.com/www.wheregreatthingshappen.com