INC NEWS - TONIGHT: Lakewood YMCA Public Hearing

Chuck Clifton charlyrandy at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 27 08:27:48 EST 2007

Neighbors,

I just wanted to remind you all of the public hearing tonight on the future
of the Lakewood YMCA.  Please see below for meeting details.  Because the
Durham  YMCA Advisory Board is a secret board whose meetings we are not
normally allowed to attend, this is a very rare opportunity for us to relay
our concerns directly to this board.  Please try to come out and, if not
speak, at least be a witness to the discussion.

The Committee to Save the Lakewood YMCA has provided some brief talking
points below should you wish to highlight some of our shared concerns during
your speaking time.

In at least two past public meetings the Triangle YMCA management has taken
down questions / comments from the community, promised to reply to us on
them, and then failed to provide any kind of response.  For that reason, the
Committee to Save the Lakewood YMCA is requesting that you please bring
paper and pen so that you can help us take notes on the meeting.  If you are
willing to then give our board members those notes after the meeting, we
will be sure to consolidate them into a comprehensive set of notes and then
publicly post them on our website.

*MEETING DETAILS*