INC NEWS - Luminary Ban in City: Hold On for Official Word

Ronnie Griffin res1m28r at verizon.net
Mon Dec 10 13:32:46 EST 2007

Dear Mike,

With respect between the County and City Fire Marshall officials, my
community supports the luminary ban decision by our Durham County Fire
Marshall.  Even if the City officials decide to permit luminaries, it was my
understanding that each homeowner would be responsible for ensuring the fire
safety and fire prevention fronting their property.  This may have always
been valid but these are very dry and dangerous conditions.

The Garrett Farms community will honor the Durham County luminary ban.

Let's not play politics.  You have many other vital matters requiring your
attention. This situation, in my opinion, is another example of our City
Administration being late and poorly communicating.

Respectfully,

Ronnie Griffin

North Garrett Road Committee