INC NEWS - proposal for Neighborhood Advocate highlighted inlocal blog...

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:43:34 EDT 2008

The proposal was definitely a surprise!

A number of the responsibilities that were presented would include some of the job duties of several long term employees at Neighborhood Improvement Services.

Before moving forward with it,  I'd suggest that City Council consider consulting with Constance Stancil to get her take on it.

City employees like Toya Merritt, Cynthia Mebane-Watts and Lynwood Best (there are others) that are Community Resource Coordinators have been invaluable contacts for not only PAC 2 in years past, but also the InterNeighborhood Council along with other groups in 'connecting' community needs to available resources.

It might be worthwhile to see what they think.

But I agree that there is a need to have a legal resource available to our neighborhoods in dealing with issues other than in NIS.   Recent examples involving several rezonings that have gone against common sense (my opinion) and facilitating the legal right for residents to file Protest Petitions are something that have merit and worth to our community if they can be handled in an objective manner.

Thanks John for presenting it!

Mike Shiflett