INC NEWS - Fw: Nutrition Strategies for Enhanced Sports Performance

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 13:06:06 EDT 2008

FYI -- Melissa

--- On Tue, 7/22/08, Martha A. Tepperberg <tepperma at nc.rr.com> wrote:

From: Martha A. Tepperberg <tepperma at nc.rr.com>
Subject: [FairfieldNC] Fwd: Nutrition Strategies for Enhanced Sports Performance
To: FairfieldNC at yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008, 9:32 AM

Dear Neighbors,

For those of you with HS athletes and/or college athletes, I thought you might be interested in the following seminar offering.   The original message was sent to me from Coach Dow Needham of DSA.  Everyone else can ignore this.

Martha Tepperberg

Begin forwarded message:

All Athletes,
  Please consider this offer of information. Please contact John Hinkle if you are interested.
Coach Dow Needham
Nutrition Strategies for Enhanced Sports Performance is an information packed seminar that will give you all of the nutrition tools necessary to give you the performance
advantage that you have been looking for.  The first hour of this seminar will introduce athletes to the top 10 strategies for enhancing athletic performance through nutrition.
Dow, this is a nutrition seminar that I am promoting.  Could you pass this message along to some athletes?

Topics will include:
1. Daily diet basics                          6.  Weight gain/weight loss
2. Pre-game meal                              7.  Medical nutrition issues
3. Nutrition during workouts                  8.  Nutrition for injury rehab
4. Recovery nutrition                         9.  Eating on-the-run
5. Hydration and preventing heat illness/     10.  Evaluating nutritional supplements
    muscle cramping

The last 45 minutes will be allotted for questions and discussion to make sure you have the information you need to put your plan into action.  This seminar will target high school and collegiate-level sports, but athletes of all levels are welcome.  We highly
encourage parents to attend so they can help fill in gaps that the athlete might miss.