INC NEWS - Fw: Last Call for Haw Learning Celebration Volunteers

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 20:03:05 EDT 2008

FYI: see below

 -- Melissa (Rooney)

--- On Fri, 9/12/08, Haw River Assembly <info at hawriver.org> wrote:
From: Haw River Assembly <info at hawriver.org>
Subject: Last Call for Haw Learning Celebration Volunteers
To: mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Date: Friday, September 12, 2008, 6:18 PM

Last Call For Volunteers!
19th Annual Haw River Learning
Celebration!

September 20
–  October 10

We're looking for
* River lovers * Teachers * Artists * Naturalists
* Fun-makers
* Safety People * Cooks * Musicians * Movers * Paddlers ..... and  all those who want to help children get outdoors and experience nature!

No experience necessary – just enthusiasm! (Training is included for
volunteers.)

Join this acclaimed 19th annual solar-powered, traveling, environmental education program!

Help fourth-graders from all over the watershed discover
the wonders of nature at the Haw River. We set up stations along the river where kids explore hands-on the natural and cultural history of the Haw, and then come together for a big picnic, concert and puppet extravaganza! We move the whole show to three sites in three weeks - along the river in Bynum, Saxapahaw and up in the headwaters on the Guilford-Rockingham county line.

You can:

* Volunteer for a day (if you are new we will pair you up with an experienced
volunteer).  Day volunteers are needed
each week,  Tuesday  – Thursday when the schools are there, from 8:30 a.m  to 1:30 a.m (and stay for lunch if you can)

* Volunteer for a week and camp with us on site (or go home each night ) – teach
the kids, and then have fun with us on the river!

* Make a meal for the volunteers (especially needed for Camp Guilrock)

* Help with a move on the Friday and Saturdays - bring yourself, and a pickup truck if you have one!

Sign up today to volunteer with the Learning Celebration - you'll have an experience you will always treasure!

Week 1, Bynum:  Saturday, September 20 -
Friday, September 26

Week 2, Saxapahaw:  Saturday, September
27 - Friday, October 3

Week 3, Camp Guilrock (above Greensboro) : Saturday, October 4 - Friday,
October 10 (this is where we still need volunteers the most)

 For more information or to volunteer, contact Justin
Taylor, Learning Celebration Coordinator, at
 (919) 542-5790, or arkanseno at gmail.com.

						Manage your subscription