INC NEWS - proposed billboard changes

RW Pickle randy at 27beverly.com
Sun Nov 30 14:35:51 EST 2008

During the years I spent in Maine, two great pieces of legislation were
passed. The first, being relative to this topic, the billboard ban went
into effect. Over time, they have been removed from the landscape.

The second, which was one of the best things I have ever seen implemented,
was the "bottle bill". This made ALL containers carry a fee for recycling
(just look on the side of any drink bottle here and you'll see the amounts
and the States involved). Roadside litter of containers disappeared. This
would be something NC could do to improve litter across the State!

RWP
27 Beverly

> This site answers the question about relative energy consumption of
> electronic and standard billboards (short answer: LEDs save energy in your
> house, but definitely NOT on a billboard.)  It also shows how much more
> the billboard companies make out of them:
>
> http://www.sceniccolorado.org/articles/billboard-mythology/
>
> And this is the story on the boards in LA:
> http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=96875271
>
> Regards, pat
>
> From: simplelist at gmail.com
> To: tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com; inc-list at rtpnet.org
> Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 15:06:18 -0500
> CC: whhna_board at googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: INC NEWS - proposed billboard changes

> Can any pressure on the energy companies be placed to
> gain input or support from them regarding this issue? I would like to know
> their
> stance on this as well as issues relating to energy conservation,
> etc.
>
> --Skip

This e-mail, and any attachments to it, contains PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) or
entity named on the e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading,
dissemination or copying of this e-mail in error is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this electronic  transmission in error, please notify
me by telephone (919-489-0576) or by electronic mail (pickle at patriot.net)
immediately.