[Durham INC] Please write Durham city council with support for the Bullet Ownership Bill

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 10:42:03 EST 2009

Hi folks. And happy new year.

There is an initiative in Durham to have NC require identification (based on background check) for the purchase of bullets as well as guns. This item will be considered by the city council at their legislative session (during which they determine the issues they will push with the NC State legislature) tomorrow at 11 AM.

I have attached an article that gives detailed information regarding this bill, as well as the email I sent to the city council this morning.

I have been told that city council has received a plethora of emails in opposition to this bill and that the NRA has begun a campaign against it. So our gov't officials really need to hear from those who are in favor of the bill.

Please take a moment and offer support for this bill by emailing the city council TODAY, and ask others to do so:
council at ci.durham.nc.us

Thanks!
Melissa

Melissa Rooney, Ph.D.