[Durham INC] [pac2] Developments regarding Electronic billboards in Durham

bragin at nc.rr.com bragin at nc.rr.com
Fri Jan 16 13:18:56 EST 2009

I can think of several locations along I-85 at least where houses, schools, churches, and parks are in immediate proximity to the highway, and within shouting distance of existing billboards.

Barry Ragin
---- Mike - Hotmail <mwshiflett at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
As far as I've been able to understand from listening to both sides of this
issue,  at no time have I heard or seen evidence that the billboard industry
is proposing to put up new ".........flashing billboards near our homes,
schools, churches, and parks."  From the previous INC meeting and from what
I've read in the newspapers, they only want to have them along the current
legal locations that they are now.  That being US85, 15-501, 70 and 147.

I have not heard that they are looking at upgrading any signs to digital
anywhere near any of the above.

Can someone can provide confirmation or evidence of this?

In the meantime,  I'm still trying to understand exactly what it being
proposed and presented in the text amendment.

Mike Shiflett