[Durham INC] COALITION MEETING AGENDA

pinnaclecdc at aol.com pinnaclecdc at aol.com
Fri Jan 16 13:29:23 EST 2009

Drug Free  Community Coalition Meeting on January 22, 2009 from 6 - 8 PM at
the DPS Staff  Development Center, 2107 Hillandale Rd. Please forward this
information widely.  This meeting will provide a comprehensive overview of our
grassroots strategic  plan to prevent substance abuse.
6:00 PM  - Introductions
6:15 PM - Light  Refreshments and Overview
6:30 PM - "This  Place"
6:45 PM -  7:00 PM - Presentations GEO Maps Crime, Alcohol and other Illicit
Drugs  across Durham County
7:00 PM -  Presentations from Subcommittees and Sector Case Reports
Youth: DPS Middle  School
Young Adult -  Compliance
Parents
Education: DPS  Safe and Drug Free Schools, Duke
ALE, Law  Enforcement
Business/Media
Other
7:30 PM - Review Strategic  Plan
QA
Adjourn
Durham Together  for Resilient Youth (TRY) is a drug-free community
coalition, a member of the  Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America. TRY addresses
rules and regulations,  norms of individual communities, mass media messages and
accessibility of  alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs.
If we  collaborate, we will have a greater impact on strengthening families
in Durham,  building resiliency in youth and preventing substance abuse.
Please RSVP at _www.DurhamTRY.www_ (http://www.durhamtry.org/)  --  click
calendar.
Wanda Boone, CEO  of TRY (Durham Together for Resilient Youth).
(919) 491-7811
steps!
cemailfooterNO62)