[Durham INC] [pac2] County & City responses to economic downturn

Mike - Hotmail mwshiflett at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 16:21:02 EST 2009

I agree with Reyn on this.

Dr. Jarrett's proposal is an interesting one and I'd wonder just how much
the City and County would actually save from such an action and what it's
long term affect on their individual staffs would be in the long run.

In the meantime,  I believe in both our Managers' capabilities and expertize
in the budget process and their ability to understand where departmental
adjustments might be implemented.

Cutting salaries ought to be just a short step away from cutting jobs from a
managements perspective,  but the alternative of creating a more efficient
and productive operation focusing on core services is a much better
priority, in my opinion.

Mike Shiflett