[Durham INC] seeking Annual Preservation Award Nominees

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 17 15:31:30 EST 2009

Hi y'all,
Please take a moment to read the below message from Heather. There is
so much good work being done renovating our great old houses, both
large & small. Please let Heather know of the ones you think worthy
of recognition.

*******************

Hello neighbors and fellow Durhamites!

It's time again to begin the selection process for Preservation
Durham's Annual Historic Preservation Awards.  I'm excited to be
chairing the awards committee this year, but must admit that I need
your help!  The committee is soliciting nominations for the awards
which include the Pyne Preservation Award and Neighborhood
Conservation Award.  This is your chance to take a look around your
neighborhood and recognize those individuals who have made a positive
contribution to Durham through Historic Preservation in the past
year.  There are very few requirements for nominating a project, our
only request is that the nominated project is complete.  (You can
always nominate it next year if it's not done by mid- to
late-spring.)  We're especially seeking those lower-profile projects
that often fly under our preservation-radar.  If you're not sure if a
project is eligible or which award to nominate it for, just nominate
it and we'll figure out the rest.  We LOVE having the problem of too
many great projects to choose from!