[Durham INC] Reminder: PSN Workshop Next Thursday

Jennifer Snyder psnsnyder at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 14:03:59 EST 2009

Project Safe Neighborhoods is hosting a Community Response to Violent
Acts workshop on Thursday, February 26th from 7:00-8:00 pm.

The session will be held at Shepherd's House Church on the corner of
Main and Driver Streets.

The Community Response to Violent Acts is a strategy utilized for
violent incidents or any crimes likely to have a retaliation effect
among those involved. The Response consists of a door-to-door
canvassing of the neighborhood( s) where the crime occurred. Its
purpose is to provide information about the incident, support the
involved community, develop investigative leads, and visibly
demonstrate our citizen-law enforcement partnership.

The training is being held to help community members better
understand what happens during Responses and the valuable role
everyone plays in supporting law enforcement and our neighbors across
Durham.

Attendees will learn about the Community Response strategy and hear
from citizen volunteers and officers who participate regularly in the
canvasses.

Thank you for your help in passing this information along to your
neighbors and persons you feel would be interested in attending the
workshop on February 26th.

Please feel free to call me with questions about this session and
other Project Safe Neighborhoods initiatives.

Warmly,

Jennifer Snyder
Project Safe Neighborhoods Coordinator
Durham Police Department