[Durham INC] Jordan Lake developer accuses county attorney of heresy

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 22:43:23 EST 2009

Development lawyers question and insult County Attorney Chuck Kitchen over his insistence on upholding the law and requiring public knowledge/input on the redrawing of the Jordan Lake Watershed boundaries based on a private survey supplied by the development team hoping to profit by moving the land in question out of the critical watershed boundary.

If that run-on sentence confuses you, all the more reason to read the Indy's March 5 article at the following link:
Jordan Lake developer accuses county attorney of heresy
The last minute addition of the Jordan Lake Survey (discussion) to this morning's BOCC's worksession didn't seem to catch the 751 Assemblage development team by surprise -- their attorneys, including Bill Brian, were notified in time to be present at the meeting this morning. Too bad citizens weren't allotted that courtesy.

I hope that you will all consider adjusting your schedules so that you can be present at the March 23 BOCC worksession (at which the Jordan Lake Boundaries will be discussed again), conveniently scheduled at 3:30 PM. It is important to show the BOCC that ALL Durham citizens are watching (when we're allowed access to the peep-hole).

--Melissa (Rooney)