[Durham INC] INC-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 13

Ken Gasch Ken at KenGasch.com
Fri Mar 13 22:52:42 EDT 2009

Hi Natalie,

At it's core, I know that the InterNeighborhood Council member neighborhoods
love them some Cleveland-Holloway.  Please do not take the rants of one
individual to be indicative of the group's view as a whole.

INC member neighborhoods may not support the exact wording of this
particular resolution.  That will be OK.  If past performance is an
indicator of future performance, I think the group will act as a sort of
"think tank" and that friendly amendments will be added and little tweaks
and adjustments will be made until the resolution is even stronger than it
is right now.  I think it will then be supported by the delegates.  This
thoughtful sort of collaboration is why the INC is such a wonderful group
for a neighborhood to be a part of.

Ken

  -----Original Message-----
  From: inc-list-bounces at rtpnet.org [mailto:inc-list-bounces at rtpnet.org]On
Behalf Of Natalie Spring
  Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 2:09 PM
  To: inc-list at rtpnet.org
  Subject: Re: [Durham INC] INC-list Digest, Vol 51, Issue 13

  I don't want to get into a shouting match with Randy, however, I would
like to know if a moderator or etiquette policy exists for the INC list. I
have lived in Cleveland Holloway for almost seven years and take offense at
Randy's characterization of myself and neighbors as motivated by cheap
housing that can be flipped. Any personal problems he has with our
representative to INC should be dealt with instead of using them as a way to
make gross generalizations about an area he clearly know very little about.

  Anyone who would like to learn more about C+H can view our blog or attend
or schedule a tour with neighbors new and old.
  Clevelandholloway.blogspot.com

  Our neighborhood has to deal with copper thefts. As a NEIGHBORHOOD we
discussed how we can combat this. One of the ways is the resolution Ken sent
to INC  as our neighborhood representative. If INC doesn't like it they can
vote to not support it.

  Natalie Spring
  Cleveland Holloway Neighborhood
  the help of the neighbors in a hood, crime will continue. INC can do
  nothing about that. Just because a neighborhood pays the $25 to be a
  member shouldn't mean that it can drag INC down paths it has no business
  going. We once said that INC built better neighborhoods. You have to have
  the neighbors in the hood who want it better first. Just because Ken
  bought a cheap house in a bad neighborhood and wants to make it a better
  neighborhood, doesn't mean INC is the vehicle for doing that. And it seems
  unfair to every member hood of INC to place it at that level. If this were
  an altruistic thought process, it would be different. But the newest
  neighbors of Cleavland-Holloway are motivated by cheap priced houses that
  one day (and it's already happening) can be flipped for a profit.

  --
  "This was a lucky recollection-- it saved her from something like regret"