[Durham INC] Keep Durham Beautiful Fundraising Golf Tournament

Marge Nordstrom mnordstrom at nc.rr.com
Thu Apr 2 10:58:19 EDT 2009

The third annual Keep Durham Beautiful Golf Classic is being held May 4 at
the Croasdaile Country Club.   This is the only tournament in the region
that gives all of its proceeds directly back to the community--via our
Community Grants Program.  Due to the success of the first two tournaments,
we are now able to launch an expanded grants program.  Where we have been
targeting teachers in the past, now we are able to open up more
possibilities by introducing our Community Grants Program.  Keep Durham
Beautiful plans to fundraise each year to add to our fund base and expand
the program.  The grants will be provided to community groups for projects
that improve Durham through one or more of our focus issues:  litter
prevention, recycling and waste reduction, and beautification.

Details about the tournament, along with some of this year's sponsors and
prize donors can be found at
http://www.keepdurhambeautiful.org/our-programs/golf-tournament.html    We
are seeking partners/sponsors, golfers, prize donors (either goods or
services), money donations, etc.  Please take a look at the list of sponsors
and prize donors.

 I don't know how familiar you are with Keep Durham Beautiful (KDB). KDB is
a non-profit, volunteer organization working in partnership with the City
and County of Durham to bring private businesses, citizens, and community
organizations together to conserve and enhance the appearance and
environment of Durham through cleanup events, beautification projects, and
educational activities.   Our funding comes from donations from the
community-primarily from the golf tournament.  All of the proceeds from the
tournament are used in the Community Grants Program.

 The sponsors and golfers have liked it for several reasons:

.         The funds are donations so there are tax benefits.

.         It is a laid-back, fun tournament.

.         We have had lots of good prizes.

.         It's a good networking opportunity.

Prize donors have liked it because:

.         The prizes are donations so there are tax benefits.

.         It is a great promotion opportunity.

I hope that you will be able to help us!!  Thanks!