[Durham INC] FYI: Poisoned Waters on Frontline tonight

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 14:15:34 EDT 2009

See attached/below..from my neighborhood listserv...
Melissa

--- On Mon, 4/20/09, undisclosed wrote:

Hi all!I just listened to a very timely interview on NPR-Fresh Air with the journalist who investigated non-point source water pollution in our estuaries, rivers and streams from uncontrolled urban growth & industrial scale agriculture.  I highly recommend it.  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103278837  The journalist talked about how grass roots environmental activism made a difference in the type of development in certain counties of Virginia.  He talked about how the local strategy was to "retail environmental issues" so that everyone could relate to the impacts (traffic, redistricting of schools, lack of green space and pollution).
The interview was a promotion for the investigative piece called "Poisoned Waters" on Frontline tomorrow night Tuesday April 21, 2009 http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/poisonedwaters/  on.Wendy Diaz