[Durham INC] Please disregard immediately previous email-- here's the right one...

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 21 14:19:12 EDT 2009

See below. Thanks!
Melissa

--- On Tue, 4/21/09, Melissa Rooney <mmr121570 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Melissa Rooney <mmr121570 at yahoo.com>
Subject: FYI: Poisoned Waters on Frontline tonight
To: durhamenviro at yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, April 21, 2009, 2:18 PM

See attached/below..from my neighborhood listserv...
Melissa

Hi all!I just listened to a very timely interview on NPR-Fresh Air
with the journalist who investigated non-point source water
pollution in our estuaries, rivers and streams from uncontrolled urban
growth & industrial scale agriculture.  I highly recommend it.  http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103278837  The
journalist talked about how grass roots environmental activism made a
difference in the type of development in certain counties of Virginia.
 He talked about how the local strategy was to "retail environmental
issues" so that everyone could relate to the impacts (traffic,
redistricting of schools, lack of green space and pollution).
The interview was a promotion for the investigative piece called "Poisoned Waters" on Frontline tomorrow
 night Tuesday April 21, 2009 http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/poisonedwaters/  on.