[Durham INC] Fw: Neighborhood Meeting - Jordan Lake Boundary Changes

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Fri May 1 16:10:25 EDT 2009

In case you have not received this -- please see below and try to
attend this important meeting -- at a convenient nearby location for South Durham residents.

Fish kills and algae blooms are becoming commonplace at Jordan Lake.
And
dogs swimming in the water have developed rashes. Meanwhile people
are eating the fish they catch out of that lake. We need to protect
this important water and recreational resource. We know the New Hope
Creek Portion of Jordan Lake is dangerously impaired and Durham is
claiming that it is a challenge to correct any pollution that occurs
here because of the way the water is blocked from flowing freely into
Jordan Lake (HS article this week).

Thanks for caring --

Melissa

All,

The first step in the prescribed procedure for changing Durham's maps to
reflect revised critical and protected Jordan Lake area boundaries is to hold a
neighborhood meeting to which all affected property owners are invited.
That meeting has been set for May 14 at 7 pm in the cafeteria of Jordan High
School.  I am letting you know in case you want to attend.