[Durham INC] Durham sued over survey -- Donate easily via Paypal at HRA site

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 20:49:17 EDT 2009

We (Durham and Jordan Lake) need your help now...and you can now pay by paypal (including credit card) directly to the Jordan Lake Survey Fund via the Haw River Assembly website (see below).

We have been informed that those involved in the 751
Assemblage project (and the associated fight to retract the Jordan watershed
boundaries) are suing the county. They are being represented by Brough Law Firm in Chapel Hill.  The filing was a summary filing allowing 20 days for them to file the full complaint so I don't know the details.  Apparently, their main complaint is that the County cannot challenge the original Duke-accepted survey because they hadn't done so 3 years ago.

You can now make a tax deductible, Paypal
donation to the Jordan Lake Survey fund, via bank transfer OR CREDIT CARD, with
the click of a mouse:

Click on our website  www.hawriver.org  and you'll see the survey issue
at the top of the page. Click on "make a donation" to go straight to
Paypal.

Click on "read more" for the whole story and where to send a check by
mail.

You can view the preliminary conclusions from our citizen survey at the following link:

new survey of the Jordan Lake boundary

Please help us complete payment for this survey and pay for related materials and expert testimony associated with it. Despite being the underdog, we are proving that Citizens CAN have their SAY.

Sincerely,
Melissa (Rooney)

Melissa Rooney, Ph.D.
301 Spring Garden Drive