[Durham INC] [durhamenviro] Fw: 13, 000, 000 lbs of hog waste...per day

marc marc at theforestfoundation.org
Mon Jun 22 15:02:39 EDT 2009

It's not just stinky, the nitrogen cycle is as large and as important as
the carbon cycle, if not more so, (and we know how messed up the carbon
cycle is on this planet).  The dislocation of nitrogen cycle due to
hogs, livestock and ag. chemicals may pose a even greater threat to the
health of our planet and rear it's ugly head sooner than the greenhouse
affect.  Eutrofication, water pollution, cancer and primary plant
production are all consequences/impacts of excess nitrogen.

In addition, hogs produce an enormous amount of methane, a 22 times
greater greenhouse gas.

Hog parlors are also responsible for the development of diseases easily
transmitted to humans, like H1N1.

and on and on...

The insanity must stop.