[Durham INC] Today's Herald Sun: Developers' lawsuit details wrt Jordan Lake boundary issue

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 08:56:12 EDT 2009

Very interesting story regarding the Jordan Watershed Boundary Lawsuit and several 'explosive' irregularities on the part of County Manager Mike Ruffin and Frank Duke's Planning Department.

  http://heraldsun.southernheadlines.com/durham/4-1175396.cfm

I am sure that County Attorney Chuck Kitchen isn't getting a pleasant reception by those who want this project to go forward, and I can't imagine that this didn't contribute to his decision to retire in November.

If you haven't already donated to the citizen Jordan Lake Survey Fund, please consider doing so. We still haven't reached our necessary goal (of >$11,000), and the sooner we get the funds the better we will be able to plan for August's planning commission hearing on the issue:

To make a donation (it's tax deductible if $20 or more), you can go to the following website and do it by credit card:

http://www.hawriver.org/index.php?contentid=402

Or you can send a check made out and sent to:

Haw River Assembly

PO Box 187

Bynum, NC 27228

make sure you put Jordan Lake Survey in the memo section of the check

Thanks!
Melissa (Rooney)