[Durham INC] Should we be subsidizing insurance on the coast?

Angel Romero aromero at ibiblio.org
Thu Jul 23 19:43:27 EDT 2009

I completely agree with Melissa. The state, coastal counties and
municipalities have allowed irresponsible growth and construction in the
coast. While other states have stricter building codes that promote
hurricane resistant homes, North Carolina allows flimsy woodstick homes all
over the place. I do not think North Carolina residents should subsidize the
insurance of the folks who live or vacation on the coast in homes that are
not prepared for hurricanes, specially homes that are worth over $150,000 or
vacation homes.

Angel Romero