[Durham INC] Fw: N&O 751 project

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 12:14:19 EDT 2009

See below: A very informative article written by two Triangle professors on the challenges and implications surrounding precedents like the one to be set when the BOCC votes on the Jordan Lake watershed map changes, requested for the development of the high density, mixed-use 751 Assemblage.

Please take the time to read and leave a short comment, to let our press and elected officials know we continue to be concerned about this issue. And please feel free to forward this email to whomever you think may be interested...

keeping the faith,
Melissa (Rooney)

http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/columns/story/1657201.html

Getting government and nature in line
BY PHILIP BERKE AND DEAN URBAN
Published: Sun, Aug. 23, 2009 02:00AM

tool name
close
tool goes here
Jordan Lake is much in the news lately due to controversy surrounding a proposed development. At issue is whether land for the so-called "751 development" being planned by Southern Durham Development, Inc. falls within the "critical area" around Jordan Lake, in which such high-density development is prohibited.
Read the rest of the story at:
http://www.newsobserver.com/opinion/columns/story/1657201.html