[Durham INC] Medlin rules protest petition valid -- word on the street --

Barry Ragin bragin at nc.rr.com
Thu Nov 19 15:32:35 EST 2009

Don't know how many of you are following the news blogs, but the result
of the Commissioners' closed session this morning was that, despite the
Planning Department's new finding that the protest petition was valid,
the County Attorney is stating that the validity of the petition is not
determined, and will need to be determined in Superior Court. This is
based on an opinion by the Attorney that the signature of the President
of the Chancellor's Ridge Home Owners Association, on behalf of the
common property owned by the HOA, is not valid. Based on this reading,
County Attorney Siler repeatedly stated that his office is prepared to
defend the BoCC's October 12 vote to approve the new critical watershed
boundary in court if necessary.

Updates are available at the Independent Weekly, the News and Observer,
and the Herald Sun websites.

I will attempt to cover today's developments on my radio program,
Shooting the Bull, which airs at 7:30 pm on WXDU, 88.7 fm, or at
WXDU.org. A podcast will be available beginning tomorrow via iTunes
Store: Shooting the Bull.

Barry Ragin