[Durham INC] Christmas at Stagville - Saturday Dec. 5

Ellen Dagenhart dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 4 20:42:21 EST 2009

"Christmas in the Big House, Christmas in the Quarters"

  Come celebrate the holidays at Historic Stagville Saturday,
December 5, 2009 from 10am to 4pm. "Christmas in the Big House,
Christmas in the Quarters," one of our largest annual events, allows
guests to see and take part in traditions that were part of Christmas
celebrations for both the planter family and the enslaved community.
We recreate the experience of holiday festivities through vendors,
artisans, decorations, crafts, games, food, and music. This event is
free and open to the public. Visitors can walk through an 18th
century plantation home decorated for the holidays and original slave
quarters from the 1850s. Talk to Sid Luck; a 5th generation potter
from Seagrove, try your hand as a blacksmith, or experience
traditional African American storytelling, singing, and dancing with
Sankofa Cultural group near our slave quarters at Horton Grove.

  For more information contact Kimberly Puryear at
620.0120.  Historic Stagville State Historic Site is located at 5828
Old Oxford Hwy Durham, NC, 27712.  For more information about this
and other events please visit
<http://www.historicstagvillefoundation.org/>www.historicstagvillefoundation.org

Ellen M. Dagenhart, ABR, e-Pro, GRI, SRES
MailTo:dagnhrt at mindspring.com
Marie Austin Realty, Durham, NC
1204 Broad Street, Durham, NC 27705
http://www.marieaustin.com
Office  919-286-5611  FAX  919-286-2252  Cell 919-475-1719
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ellen-dagenhart/2/8a7/642
[]

Check it out! http://www.durham-nc.com/www.wheregreatthingshappen.com